Tuesday, January 17, 2012

that lovin feelin--thoughts from a single girl



"Some people are settling down, some are settling and some people refuse to settle for anything less than butterflies.”
-Carrie Bradshaw
Sex & the City, season 5, "I Love a Charade"

This is a quote I try to live by, romantically speaking. If the spark is not there, neither am I. There have been a few select guys that I've had that spark with, but lately, that spark is missing.
My last "relationship" ended in November and kind of did not give me any "closure." It's something I'm working on. Mostly by removing anything and anyone that reminds me of him from my life.
But there was that spark. Those butterflies crashing around in my stomach and that stupid smile on my face when I got a text message from him or we were just watching movies at his house.
Right now, that's what I miss the most. I miss having that spark with someone and those butterflies in my stomach. Honestly, it might be one of the best feelings ever. That anticipation before the first date. The first time he holds my hand or kisses me. To me, those feelings help make the world go 'round for me. Notice, they aren't the only thing, but those feelings are right up there with driving on a sunny day and sleeping in.
The lack of spark is not for lack of trying. There have been a few boys that have caught my eye and a few that I've given my number to, but to no avail. And I think, really, that when I gave those boys my number, I didn't really think they'd text or call me. Why did I do it? For the all-important spark (the all-spark, if you will Transformers fans).
Why is that spark SO important? Why are we constantly looking for it? Why are we so unwilling to let go of someone that treats us like crap just because we feel the spark on the good days?
Are we that desperate for sparks? Is it all it's cracked up to be?
When you find the right person that you have that spark with, though, it can turn out like the Fourth of July...from spark to fireworks.

No comments:

Post a Comment