Sunday, January 22, 2012

Sigh

Oh lovelies, I'm terrible at this. I kept meaning to make a post but I got distracted. I finally got my iPhone and I cannot put it down. So, I decided to get the blogger app, which is where I'm posting this from.
Since I missed Wear-It Wednesday this week (again), I'll do it in this post for you guys.
Jason Wu is an amazing designer. His aesthetic is very ladylike but he's not afraid to make it modern and use some unexpected color. Clean lines with a touch of whimsy are his signature. I've mentioned him before when I was raving over the peplum trend that's gonna huge this spring. Wu has joined the likes of Zac Posen, William Rast (Justin Timberlake's lie), Missoni, and Alexander McQueen and partnered with Target for a collection, coming to stores in February.
Here are some of my favorites:
the cat bag will. be. mine.
I love the colors used. Navy and red are going to be big this spring and go hand in hand with the nautical theme that's been popping up lately.
I love the color of the last outfit. This mustard yellow is a great way to bring some color to gray February without making everyone put on sunglasses.
In addition to the clothes, there are also going to be accessories following the same color schemes and hearkening back to times when  silhouettes were simple and gave every woman an hourglass figure.
Among these accessories are scarves and bags such as:


Look for Jason Wu for Target and that adorable black kitty at your local Target, starting February 6th. Prices range from 19.99-69.99, so get it while you can!!

I'll be back tomorrow for Mani Monday!
xo, ali

No comments:

Post a Comment