Wednesday, March 21, 2012

third time's a charm!!

hey lovelies!! I'm back again! I don't know if I should tell you to get used to the regularity or not. I like being dependable to my ladies, though.
I am posting so late (for me) because I had to watch Idol. My girl, Elise, killed it with her rendition of "Vienna" and my boo Philip Phillips did amazing with "Movin' Out." Both are Billy Joel songs; the theme tonight was the Billy Joel songbook. It was a very entertaining Idol. I grew up listening to Billy Joel and absolutely love him. If you watch Idol, who are you rooting for? Tell me about it!

On to the nail polish!!
My third manicure that I want to show you is pretty plain but the color is a knockout. I definitely didn't have anything like this in my collection before I bought it. I used three coats of China Glaze Designer Satin, a creamy magenta color. I think it's great for any time of year. I used one coat of Sally Hansen Salon Manicure Base Coat and one coat of Essie No Chips ahead for my top coat. Let's take a look!
in sunlight (while I was catching up on Pretty Little Liars)

with flash. The flash makes it look pinker than it really is. Under the lighting in my office, it definitely was more of a plum magenta (if that exists).

Ta-da! Designer Satin. 
She is a BEAUTY. Went on very smooth. My only complaint is that after two coats, there were still some streaks and patchiness. I usually just want to do two coats and be done, but I can definitely put up with three coats for this lovely color!


I gotta vote for my Idols and head to bed. Have a great night!!
Until next time.
xo, ali



2 comments: