Tuesday, March 20, 2012

the luck of the irish!

Two days in a row?! Something must be wrong!!
No worries, lovelies. I'm juuuuust fine :) The weather here is beautiful and it definitely has an effect on my mood. Plus, I started a profile on Match.com and will be getting a month subscription on payday b/c some boys have emailed me already. Exciting. According to Bambi, everyone gets twitterpated in the spring ;)

Today for you, I have the manicure that I sported on St. Patrick's Day for volunteering and a party with my bestie. This was my first foray into freehand nail art using a bobby pin, so go easy on me haha

For the base, I used Sinful Colors Rise and Shine and for the accent finger, I used Wet n Wild Black Creme
this is two coats of each color, in natural light.

with flash
Rise and Shine is a beauty...bright grass green creme with silver shimmer running through it.
Black Creme is a super shiny black. If you were to use one thick coat, it could definitely be a one-coater. 
Both of these polishes are under $2 and are of great, easy to use formula.

Next, I blobbed Rise and Shine on some tin foil and dipped the rounded end of a bobby pin in it.
To make the shamrock, you make two dots and then, following the same idea as bow-tie tutorial from Sarah's tuxedo mani at Chalkboard Nails, you drag the dots to a point. Three sets of dots up top, on the left, and right and a little tail and you get something like this:
wheeee! a jaunty lil shamrock :)
I really liked the satiny finish of Rise and Shine, and I knew I'd only have it on for less than 24 hours, so I didn't use any topcoat.

And that's my celebratory St. Patrick's Day mani. I'm really happy with how it looked and I can't wait to do more manis like this and eventually get some dotting tools and expand!

until next time!
xo, ali


No comments:

Post a Comment