Wednesday, April 25, 2012

Wet N Wild ColorIcon Shadow Pallette

I said I would be back ;) Did you miss me?

Tonight, I want to talk eye shadow with you ladies. I LOVE it. Love love love. It's right behind nail polish as far as how much I have. I'm constantly buying it and now that I've found these Wet N Wild ColorIcon palettes, I won't be able to stop. I have a few of the 3-pan palettes, but this is my first 8-pan. 

This is Petal Pusher. 

On the back, they give you some ideas on how to work the look :)

I love how each shadow is kind of embossed with the best place to use them. It makes your eye makeup fool-proof! Especially if you've just swiped some on there in the past.
Usually, I use 4 shadows from one side or the other. The darker side is great for a smoky eye when you go out. and the more purple side is perfect for a low-key or going to work.

I LOVE THESE. The color payoff is great. The color builds very well and they go on velvety smooth. In fact, I can't believe that I only have one of these so far. I definitely have to get the other two I've seen-a teal/blue palette and a neutral/brown palette. They run about $3.99 at your local Walmart, Target, Walgreens, Rite Aid, CVS, etc.
I also swatched the colors, shown below:
the swatches are in the order of the palette. Purple side.

blurred to see all the shimmer, especially in the third swatch.

smoky side.

a little blurry for shimmer

I also did a look, using the smoky side, but only using the first three shadows.

In addition to the Wet n Wild shadows, I used Essence gel eyeliner in Black and Maybelline Falsies mascara in Blackest Black.


Have you tried these shadows yet? What did you think?

until next time!!

xo, ali








No comments:

Post a Comment