Wednesday, February 15, 2012

Mani...Wednesday.

hello, lovelies!!
happy mani...wednesday?
Uh, yeah. I'm a little late this week, which is an improvement over last week when I didnt post at all.
Plus, you'll be getting a double post today because there is SO much I want to share with you for spring fashion. I just got my March issue of Elle and there's nearly 500 pages of fashion inspiration. I'm expecting February's Birchbox this week, too, so there is LOTS going on.
OH!! And I won The Polish Diary's first giveaway!! I can't wait to get my prize in the mail because it will include Essie's Shine of the Times. I've picked it up and almost bought it so many times lol.

On to the mani, eh?
I found a new base coat that is a ridge filler and also has Biotin and Spirulina, which is supposed to help strengthen your nails. I'll try anything!
So, this week's mani, or for the first half of the week, is one coat of Sally Hansen Salon Perfect Base Coat, two coats of Wet n' Wild  Megalast in Disturbia (which I was able to cross off my list!), and one coat of Essie No Chips ahead.
I just love this color. However, I was disappointed in the way the shimmer translated from bottle to nail. You really had to look for it on the nail but in the bottle, it was amazing! Wear-wise, it has fared pretty well. I have a few chips because I type all day and just a little tipwear. I found this on a display at my local Rite Aid and it was only $1.99. I would definitely try it out.
with flashy flash
flashy flash...sorry about my messy cuticles :(
under a lamp and on top of Buffalo Memorial  Auditorium, affectionately known in its heyday to Buffalonians as the Aud. This is where I saw my first Buffalo Sabres game, my first Disney on Ice, and my first circus. It was a legend. The Aud was torn down last year and for past 10 years or so, our Sabres have played at the First Niagara Center (formerly HSBC Arena). And there's your Buffalo, NY history lesson :)

Have a great afternoon and we'll chat later about the candy colors popping up everywhere this spring :)


1 comment: